Orwell Cogswell Free Public Library Minutes
June 14, 2018
The meeting was called to order by Lou Anne Stone at 7:00 PM
Minutes from Previous Meeting
Read individually. Motion to accept by Korleen Steele, seconded by Paula Steele
Internet Safety Policy
- $3400 from the Town of Orwell will be given to library in the next 30 days
- Funds will be moved from savings to cover bills.
Motion to accept report: Brandy Potter, Second: Paula Steele
Library Director’s Report
Elizabeth reported that there was a total of 187 visitors and 192 circulation transactions at the library in May.
The library was required to close for 1 day for the Memorial Day weekend.
Thirty-five books and 9 DVDs were added to the library collection during this month.
The Re-Think Your Drink program was attended by 7 people.
June 23rd the Harvest of the Month program with Lauren Whipple will take place.
July 12th the library will host a Gelli Printing class
Members are encouraged to invite new members to join.
- The book sale at Old Home Days made $65.00
- The raffle at Old Home Days made $100
- The committee is considering cover half the cost of dinners at the annual Christmas Party for members.
- Alice will be invited to the July meeting to start work on the annual craft show.
- CIPA- A public meeting was held on June 14, 2018 to educate patrons of the new internet safety policy. Three people were in attendance.
- The library agreed to cover half the cost of those attending the Gelli Printing event on July 12th allowing the cost to remain minimal for the community.
Scheduled for July 12, 2018
By Lou Anne Stone at 7:25 PM